Forum Title: Can you identify this missing window latch (pic)?
I've got a horizontally sliding window in my house that has a missing latch/lock. I cant even imagine what style of latch its supposed to be. Perhaps from this photo you can tell. If turn that little nub it catches a lock of some sort and then pops out. If you can maybe show me a link of what its supposed to look like, I'll measure out for the right fit and all but I dont even know where to start. Thank you!
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: JAMES SMITH (League City, TX), 01/10/2019

I don't suppose you could claim it on your home owners insurance? Do you have a very high deductible?

- CRAIG MORALES (Lexington, KY), 02/26/2019

Good idea, thank you. Ill try to find the manufacturer. Nope this is the only window of this type in the house - its a much bigger window than the rest. I did actually try googling and looking at images of parts, but the problem is - i dont even know what this part will look like - i only know what i can see. Not sure if its a latch, a thumb switch, a handle, a lever, etc.

- TERRY NGUYEN (Buckeye, AZ), 02/03/2019

How about a picture from farther back? And one with the nub in the popped out position. Should the picture above be rotated 90�? That's the bottom, right? Is there anything similar on the top?

- AGNES MCDANIEL (Columbia, MO), 02/22/2019

Community Resources & Homeowner Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527